Date and Time: Monday 22nd January 2024, 10am-5pm
Location: UEA campus, Norwich
What is this workshop about?
The workshop will explore the agency you, as a playwright, have to impact climate positive change. It will encourage you to pay attention to habitual narrative choices and help you to unearth alternative dramaturgical options. It will also support you to centre climate justice and environmental action in conversations with producers and collaborators.
Who is this workshop for? Theatre makers who consider themselves, whole or in part, playwrights
Experience level to apply? Playwrights who have had at least one play professionally produced.
Spaces available: 10
Fee: £120 per playwright, plus travel
To apply, please submit an expression of interest form
How to submit an expression of interest:
- If you like the sound of these workshops, please click on the link below to submit a simple expression of interest.
- You’re welcome to apply for just one, or both, workshops.
- Please check the criteria for the types of artists, and levels of experience, these workshops are aimed at.
- Deadline for expressions of interest: Friday 8th December, 12pm (midday).
We are particularly keen to hear from artists who have backgrounds which are historically underrepresented in theatre making and/or climate activism. These include artists who are:
- Deaf, disabled or neuro-divergent
- from Southern and Eastern Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, North African, East Asian, Southeast Asian and South Asian, Migrant Black and Latinx backgrounds
- working class
Should you have any questions or would like to submit your expression of interest in an alternative format please do not hesitate to contact our General Manager, Hannah – [email protected]